Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Stumbled Upon- Second Chance Furniture Iowa

Hello friends!

Crafting and projects have been pretty slow around these here parts. 
So I am going to start a new series called "Stumbled upon!" 
I stumble upon so many amazing, amazing projects all over blog land
 that I want to share here with you. 
(and remember so I can use them as inspiration later!!)

So today I was checking one of the best blogs out there, Better After
and stumbled upon the AMAZING Second Chance Furniture Iowa
Just listen to their perspective and tell me it doesn't speak to your heart-
 "The ultimate in upcycling and recycling- update that old, neglected
 piece of furniture so you can enjoy it again!" 
They spray their furniture which gives it a gorgeous, brush mark free finish. 
They also distress and glaze, which I love but am scared to try! 
So let's leave it to the professionals...
take it away Second Chance Furniture Iowa... 


STUNNING! I have been on the HUNT for a sideboard forever. 
I never though to give it this treatment and I absolutely love
 how it turned out.

Here is another amazing sideboard transformation.

That color?!! Absolutely amazing. I also love that they re purposed the cabinets to a wine rack.

Yikes! Pretty scary huh? I dream of having a vintage vanity one day. 
But this before would have scared me away. 
Another stunning transformation! I love that they were able to show off some of the original wood!
I too struggle with the debate of painting over gorgeous wood. I think this treatment is a happy medium.

Oh and just for fun...
If I am ever blessed with children, I am SO making this!


Thanks for the inspiration, Second Chance Furniture Iowa! 
I am excited to follow you on FB and see what you come up with next :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine - Just hopped over to your blog and LOVE that bottom dresser with the saying. SO cute! Can't wait to look through your blog and read more and I hope you'll stop by and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow did you find a stunner or what??! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with that sideboard in the middle! The color AND the wine rack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oldies..!! your furniture looks classic :)

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...