Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Arancini- Oh you fancy, huh?!!

Hello friends!

I made a Pinterest recipe the other night that was an epic fail. 
Note to self- When it says Instant Rice, it means it...
anyways, I had TONS of rice left over and wanted to use it. 
"Use what ya got" my new motto!

I turned back to Pinterest and found my friend pinned this super
simple recipe for Arancini. 
Ooooh ahhh how fancy does that sound. 
Really, all it means is RICE BALLS!
I had all the ingredients it needed so here goes...


You need:
Rice, 2 cups
Eggs, 3
Grated Parmesan, 1/2 cup
Cheese, 1/2 cup
Breadcrumbs, 1 cup
Oil

I made some "Mexican rice" so it was loaded with yummy spices,
 tomatoes, and onions.
(I was going to add sausage, but changed my mind.)

Mix your rice, one egg, cheese, and the grated Parmesan.

Roll into golf size balls. I ended up with 9 large balls.

Beat the other two eggs and dredge rice balls through egg wash 
and then lightly coat with bread crumbs.

Fry small batches until golden brown.

And voila...

Yumm! They had a great flavor since I used Mexican rice. 
They are really good and I will definitely be making these again. 
Next time I will load them up with other leftovers like veggies and meats!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing better than to turn a fail into a victory!I'm following you via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...