I was nominated for the Liebster Award by TWO special ladies! Thank you Jamie F at Things in YOU and Jodi at Oh.Scrap.That! The Liebster award is to recognize and promote "new blogs" with 200 followers of less. Today has been a day, ya know, so this will be a fun treat and distraction!
1. Tell me something special about the town where you grew up. I am from Corpus Christi, Texas. Way, way, down South. I absolutely LOVE the culture here. We are not just Southern, we are Texans to boot. It really is a whole other world and it is so special. From the land, the people, the music, the food, I am a South Texan and proud of it! I have lived in Florida, Michigan, and Arkansas, and Texas is really "like a whole other country."
2. Do you write one blog entry at a time or a few ahead of time? I am horrible about blogging. I TRY to blog often but life gets in the way. You see, I had another blog before called "Deep in the Heart of Arkansas" but the big D happened and I decided to completely scratch it and begin again. I went from 293 followers to zero. So I am trying my best, in my new life, to continue blogging!
3. If you could move anywhere in the world (and take your loved ones with you), where would you go and why? I am absolutely in love with Tennessee. Those Smokey Mountains have captured my heart! I always feel a sense of peace and tranquility just breathing in that mountain air and looking at those mountain views. Oh and seasons, yes please!
4. What is your favorite topic to blog about? My favorite projects to create and share with you are transformations of my thrift store finds! I love finding something that someone discarded and making it fresh and new. Spray paint and hot glue can transform anything!
5. What types of books do you like to read? I read my Bible and every book that Patricia Cornwell has ever written!
6. Are you a Pinterest junkie? Of course. I stayed away from Pinterest for years because I knew I would become one. But six months ago I decided to give it a try and have found so many cool projects, recipes, and ideas, that I am glad I gave in.
7. If you had to choose a last meal, what would it be? I love me some Tex Mex food so my last meal would be my moms grilling specialty- Fajitas with Pico de Gallo and Guacamole, shrimp stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeno, wrapped in bacon, and her Spanish rice!
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl? I am a night owl. I am most productive after 10pm. I get a burst of energy when it is time to go to bed. I either need to get up at 6am or let me sleep until 10!
9. Do you have a favorite season? Having lived in Arkansas these past few years, I really got to experience seasons. In South Texas we have summer all year with a few weeks of cold temperatures. So I absolutely love FALL! The crisp temperatures, the changing leaves, the anticipation of winter, oh I just absolutely love Fall. I have more Fall decor than all other seasons combined.
10. Do you have road rage? lol what a funny and random question. No, I have a good grasp on my anger and my temper. I try hard not to let the behavior of idiots effect me :) key word being try!
Thanks ladies! :)
PS: I will find 10 other blogs to share this with soon, I swear!