Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shish Kabob Battle

Hello friends!

"So now America, with an open heart and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle 'ALLEZ CUISINE'"

My boyfriend and I had our first ever Iron Chef battle
SHISH KABOB!

I cut up bell peppers and potatoes.

I chose to marinate mine in Mojo sauce. Have you heard of it? 

It is a citrus marinade made from orange, limes, and garlic. Really tasty!


My boyfriend marinated his in plain old Louisiana Hot Sauce
 (I thought I had this battle in the bag, right?!!)
He pierced his meat with a fork and marinated it overnight.

All lined up and ready for battle.

and the winner was....HIS! The mojo was great but the flavor didn't hold up while grilling. His was fantastic. I never would have thought to use plain old Louisiana Hot Sauce! Who knew?!! 

Way to go babe! I am looking forward to many, many more meals and battles with you ;)

What should we battle next???

1 comment:

  1. with the Louisiana hot sauce, pineapple pieces would have gone great in between!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...