Monday, January 7, 2013

Semi Homemade Bourbon Pork

Hello friends!

As you follow along with me, you will learn that I am indeed Domestically Challenged :) Yes, I can craft and decorate like nobodies business. But cooking, cleaning, laundry, you know important stuff, I stink at!

I hardly ever make things from scratch and have adopted Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade approach to cooking. I was introduced by my dear friend, Sharla, to Sun Bird seasoning mixes and I am hooked.
 
Last time I went to Big Lots they had all of them on clearance for 75 cents. So.I.Stocked.Up.!

Today's menu is Bourbon Chicken. Wait! We thawed out pork instead of chicken. So scratch that, today's menu is Bourbon Pork!


Just follow the simple instructions on back. 


Brown your pork. Mix the seasoning packet, soy sauce, water, and brown sugar, and add to your pan. Simmer for a few minutes to let your pork absorb the yummy sauce.


I made some Jasmine Boil in the Bag rice and some Steam Fresh broccoli. And voila! Easy semi homemade dinner.


It was SO good!


4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm gonna have to try this! Hey there's nothing wrong with Sandra lee...I love her recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from Naptime Review blog hop and excited to be a new follower! I have a new Social Media Linky party that started today, I would love to have you link up!!
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2013/01/08/keep-calm-party-on-social-media-linky-party-1.html

    Thanks!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am hungry again and I already had dinner! :) I came by from the blog hop today. Love the recipe. Will have to try it. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks pretty delicious I'd say. I love steamed veggies and white rice to boot--- ooh wait, thats because I literally had that last night for dinner - except the bouron pork- more like leftover baked bbq chicken. :) I'd say you did pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...