Monday, December 31, 2012

Jalapeno Business

Hello friends!


It is New Year's Eve so I decided to make a special treat. I raided the fridge and found some beautiful jalapenos and knew just what to make- stuffed jalapenos! My favorite!

I tried out a new recipe tonight using sausage and well, you be the judge...



I browned the sausage, added in cream cheese, and some cheddar cheese.


I spiced it up using Cumin, Garlic, and Chipotle.


Mix together and yum! This is a keeper and will be used in other concoctions! 


Stuff your halved and seeded jalapenos.


Wrap in half a strip of bacon. The recipe I followed said to bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes. Then broil to crisp the bacon.


Well, they aren't the most beautiful creation but they were tasty at least. Way too greasy after sitting in the bacon drippings. Next time I will definitely not be baking them for that time. They were too soft and I like my jalapenos still crisp. I am thinking bake for 10 and broil to crisp!

So I still had half of the sausage and cheese mixture left and wanted to redeem myself after this fail. I have a picture pinned (no recipe, boo!) of Cream cheese, jalapeno, and bacon stuffed crescent rolls. 

I put a scoop of the mixture, a big piece of jalapeno, and a piece of bacon and wrapped them up.


My brother gave me the best compliment only he can give. "I hate you for not making these for me before." Ahhh! Sweet redemption!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up your yummy recipe to It's Party Time!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. I will definitely try these on Superbowl Sunday. Thanks for joining my party...I am your latest follower. I will be featuring this tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...